Saturday, November 01, 2008

Wow! Finding new and creative ways to lose.

Something is amiss. We used to win this game. We used to be the tough team that would bend, but not break.
This is a coaching problem. By no means am I jumping on the "Fire Brett" bandwagon. I think he, like every coach, deserves to have an off year. Sometimes things just break the wrong way. All I am saying is that the honeymoon is over. If the Badgers continue to look mentally soft and continue to struggle making in game adjustments, in my mind these are coaching deficiencies. Good coaches recruit kids who they believe will succeed in their system and then instill mental toughness in them as they develop.
Brett gets the benefit of the doubt from me for now. If los Badgers continue to fold like tacos in years to come, it may be time to look for a new coach. That is an argument for another year.

No comments: